Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have put a new black ink cartridge into my HP printer (Genuine)

I have put a new black ink cartridge into my HP printer (Genuine) HP product but its still printing blank pieces of paper. What could the issue be ?

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model HP printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a Photosmart 5510

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
From the control panel home screen, touch the Right Arrow

and then touch the Set-up icon

Touch Tools , and then touch Clean Printhead . Repeat these steps up to 4 times, and then test it again.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No that failed. I need to pop out for about an hour but will come abck to you on my return.

So, have tried the above and still printing blank paper.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
When you're back .
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab from the printer, it is normal for a little to come from the cartridges.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Freddy,

Tried your suggestion and no joy,Still blank paper. Thanks very much for your efforts but i will leave it there now and buy a new machine in the morning.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately from what you have told me you would need to replace a part in order to fix this anyway which can be expensive. Due to the price most people do tend to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.