Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I had a paper jam and removed the paper a message is appearing

I had a paper jam and removed the paper a message is appearing on my printer which reads B200 printer error has occurred unplug the power cord and contact the service centre.
Category: Printers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Is you printer a Canon printer?

If it is the Error B200 means the printhead voltage or temperature is not normal.

Have you checked the printed is sitting correctly in the cradle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my printer is a Canon prixma MG 5250.

How do i check whether the printer is sitting correctly in the cradle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just went and checked the printer lifted up and then replaced in cradle. Message went away for two seconds then came back. Everything seems to look and is sitting normally with printer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Has my expert gone to sleep?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My expert requested more information which I sent and I am still waiting for a response
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** see you have relisted in order to get a new expert, I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
B200 is not a temperature error on your machine, that is for the wide format models.
It does however mean there is either a problem with the print head or logic board.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of plug it back in and turn it on.
If you have not already insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi freddie,

When you say move the print head are you meaning the end of the print bar that slides across the printer....sorry but i am not very good with machinary so want to make sure it is the right part of the printer that I am

dealing with the right part.

Laurel

P.s I am at work at the moment so will try this out when I get home and let you know what happens.

Thank you Freddie.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the tie you need, the print head is inside the cradle the cartridges sit inside of. The cradle itself is what you want to move. The bar is called a guide bar and you would indeed want to move it along that.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Freddie i will try this when I get in later and contact you to let you know whether it worked. Thank you very much for your quick response.

Laurel

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome Laurel, and I hope it works but either way please come back and let me know. Please do not reply until then this site forces me to be the last to respond.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddie

Iv'e just finished doing what you suggested I do yesterday. It was a long tedious process but i did exactly what you recommended I do. plugged printer back in and error message still coming up.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Next we will want to remove the print head and do a deep cleaning manually.
This video shows how to do that: Click Here

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just finished deep head cleaning error still appearing.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is a very bad sign and unfortunately rules out the print head, how old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 3-4 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, even if you had an extended warranty it would no longer be covered. Unfortunately since we have ruled out the print head it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. This part can be expensive so I would call around for a price. Normally it costs between £50 and £75 for the part alone.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Canon or this site.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for all your help think I will replace printer as it is quite old and will cost me nearly the same as getting a new part for it. Thank you again for all your help.

Will not reply again will go to rating you.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Due to the price most people tend to do that rather than repair, I hope you have a wonderful day other than the unfortunate news of course. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Canon or this site.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience