Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Lexmark printer print head error. Iv e lifted the latch as

Lexmark printer print head error. I'v e lifted the latch as described in the manual but still get the same message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error you are getting?
What model Lexmark is this?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lexmark 600 and I always use the Lexmark ink replacements. It says wipe the printhead contacts using a clean lint free cloth. ,then replace printhead ,close the latch until it clicks and close the printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
How old is the printer? Have you ever replaced the print head?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 year old, still under guarantee from pcworld.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok, have you ever replaced the print head? Did you remove the print head itself when you cleaned the machine or just the ink cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

removed the printhead as instructed in the manual after lifting the latch,wiped the printhead contacts using a lint free cloth, then reinsert print head closed the latch until clicks, closed the printer. if still showing printhead error, then contact tech support.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately if you did all that and made sure to use a lint free cloth it means the print head needs to be replaced. Since it is still under warranty with PC World I would contact them and see if they will cover it. It is a consumable part but it should last about 2 years before it needs to be replaced so normally this will be covered under the warranty. You can do that by calling: 0344(###) ###-####They may have you go through the same steps again (they have to) but will normally send a replacement after that. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Lexmark.
.