Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

My Canon Pixma iP4500 just died - one day it worked perfectly

My Canon Pixma iP4500 just died - one day it worked perfectly and the next, could not be switched on. Is it possible to repair and what would be the approximate cost?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

From what you describe, this is unfortunately an internal hardware failure, either the power supply or logic board has failed.

Nathan :

It is technically possible to fix, but it would not be practical to do so.

Nathan :

This machine is obsolete, and at 7 years old, it is long past its designed service life of 3 years. You'd be looking at $250 on average for parts and labor to have it serviced (assuming parts can even be found, which is itself unlikely).

Nathan :

By contrast, you could replace it with a brand new and better machine, for a fraction of that cost.

Nathan :

If you want only a basic photo printer, you can get one these days for as low as $50. If you want a larger machine, or an "all in one" that can print photos as well as scan, copy, fax, and print documents, you can get a good one of those for under $100. (Note, I'm in the US, and giving relative pricing in $USD, as I'm not familiar with the exchange rate where you may be).

Nathan :

I'd be happy to recommend some replacement options for you, if you would like. Just let me know what country you're in, and what type of machine you'd be interested in, or what features you're looking for.