Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

HAVE A HP PRO 8500A ALL IN ONE SOMETIMES IT PRINTS PAGES BUT

HAVE A HP PRO 8500A ALL IN ONE SOMETIMES IT PRINTS PAGES BUT OTHER TIMES ITS SO FADED YOU YOU CANT READ IT
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it didnt print anything at all just a blank piece of paper came out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Does a photo copy do the same thing?
How old is the machine? If it is over a year old did you buy an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it does not photocopy at all its 3 years old and I have no warrenty do you think its time to replace it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately if a photo copy is doing the same thing it means you indeed having a failing part. In order to fix this the carriage assembly the ink cartridges sit inside of would need to be replaced. Whether it is time to replace or not is up to you, some people do decide to do that because of the price for this repair.

A new print head normally costs between £60 and £80. It would take about 30 minutes to an hour for a tech to replace it at their shop rate. Most Shops charge between £65 and £75 per hour and not all will do this alrger shops will refuse so you would need to go to a smaller one. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.