Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

C5200 does not set itself to print on screen Print Cartridges

C5200 does not set itself to print on screen Print Cartridges refer to printer documentation I may have switched off the mains before the printer had finished to switch itself off
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error message including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

!Printer Cartridges refer to printer documention

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Is that showing on the printer itself or the computer?
Are you using genuine (not refilled/generic) HP ink cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

printer Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You said you cleaned it, how did you clean it?
How old is the machine? If it is over a year old did you buyan extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tissue NO over3 years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine a little differently and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done colour OK refer toprinter documentionwhilstcartridge not in trying again Doneagaincartridges OK still refer docsto printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I apologize but your reply seems to have come in jumbled, what happened when you tried it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

colour cartridge inserted screen cleared inserted black cartridge - on screen - print cartridge - refer to printer docs .- photo menu light stays on - !!!!! light flashing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
So if you do it the other way around black then colour does it come on when you put in the second cartridge?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To Freddy M I put in a used black cartridge and the machjne colour printed the alighnment page so I will try a new black cartridge tomorrow Thank you yours faithfully Roy

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Thank you that is actually why I suggested doing it the other way around so we would know if the cartridge caused it. If a used cartridge printed out the alignment it confirms that and means you need to replace the black. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.