Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Pixma MP 610 Error message U052 The type of print head

Pixma MP 610
Error message U052
The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head.
Have tried turning on/off, but just get this message - cannot do anything with any buttons on the printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
6A00 means there is an issue with the print head.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is the cradle the thing holding the cartridges? If so it is not visible when the printer is turned off

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Yes it is, and it should be on the right side of the machine when off. You may need a flashlight to see it.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok Moved it, turned back on.

Cgadle moved to the right then "lowered", then disappeared.

Message to "close" the top, so closed and got same error message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If it is still there, next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy

Manual clean has not worked and am at

"do manual deep clean" stage, but have run out of time.

Will do this tomorrow and let you know how it goes - presumably I can get back to you?

Chris

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
No problem take all the time you need, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy

Am glad to say that when I turned the printer on today, it was working, so did not need to do a manual deep clean!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Chris