Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Renewed cartridges all 4 with HP Product, printer will not

Customer Question

Renewed cartridges all 4 with HP Product, printer will not copy black texts from flat bed master copy, it will not print colour from flat bed nor direct from Dell computer.
Computer and printer within one metre of one another.
Printer bought from P C World this year home use only.
Switched on and off by printer on & off switch as directed by printer
regards
***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

Am I understanding you correctly that you are unable to copy in either black or color? Does it go through the motions of printing, but output a blank page?

Nathan :

If so, these symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head.

Nathan :

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning.

Nathan :

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use. That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer. Since you have mentioned that it may still be under the 1 year factory warranty, I would suggest pursuing a warranty replacement through HP, rather than going through the hassle of the manual process.