Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Previous advice identified my printer was dead (HP310a) Having

Previous advice identified my printer was dead (HP310a) Having a stock of HP cartridges (364XL) from IJT replace ment cartridges I went for an HP Photosmart 7520. With the IJT cartridges, especially the black, I've had nothing but trouble. There is no consistency in the ink print. I've followed advice from IJT helpline, overcoming the other colours, but the black is giving me so much trouble. I have used several new black cartridges which does not provide a clear print, like its running out of ink. I'm somewhat frustrated by all this.
Is this something HP have done to their printers to discourage the cheaper cartridges being used? Now the latest issue is locking up my printer completely saying "Incompatible older generation cartridge installed.
Can you advise?
Geoff
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
HP printers do not work well with generic or refilled inks, they can actually damage the carriage assembly as well.

It is possible that the ink line got clogged but that would not happen with genuine HP ink.
The reason for that is as HP ink passes through it cleans as well, generic ink will not do that and can clog the line which will eventually cause you to need to replace the carriage assembly.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.