Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Cannon MG 5250 Printer suddenly very poor colour with yellow

Cannon MG 5250 Printer
suddenly very poor colour with yellow hues when printing photos and has just printed a document in light green
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.

There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

How did you clean the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Used maintenance to choose deep cleaning

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I have already replied, There is still a problem, on a simple copy the black writing comes out green and the blues and yellows are faded.

Jon

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You had not replied before then, if you replied to the email that does not go to anyone you need to reply on this page.
Next we need to try a manual deep cleaning, this video explains how to do that: Click Here

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.