Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

some years ago I had an Epson Printer along with came a program

Customer Question

some years ago I had an Epson Printer along with came a program Photo Record, a program I like very much.
As life progressed I changed my computer and my printer.
I could still open, use and print the Photo Record program but after a Microsoft up-grade I found this was no longer possible. My new printer is a Kodak ESP C 315
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what model of Epson printer you had, and I will find a source for the Photo Record program, if I can. It may be 'typed' by the model you had, you see.

Whether it will be altogether compatible with the Kodak printer is another matter and somewhat doubtful, I must warn you.
But if the Kodak printer produces scanned-in photos, then once those are scanned-in and stored, the Photo Record program may be able to process them as files, rather than as scans. In this limited sense, I think you may be able to get a satisfactory result.

Tell me in Reply, what model of Epson printer you used to have, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its quite a while ago I forget the model number, but i do know is that it worked until an upgrade by microsuoft

This page will provide you with a download of Canon PhotoRecord:

http://canon-photorecord.software.informer.com/

Be warned: this page has numerous 'trap links' that say 'Download' but are irrelevant to what you need. Be sure to only click on the one download link that says

trusted
DOWNLOAD
38.6 MB

and none of the others. The one that says 'trusted' and '38.6 MB' will give you the download that you need, the installer for Canon PhotoRecord.

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably I hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.

Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've downloaded the Canon Photo Record 'trusted' 38.6 MB file and it doesn't work but THANK YOU trying to help me

Norman Joyce

Well... what version of Windows do you have on your computer, please? that might have made a difference.

And, what is shown for the
System Type:
in the
Start - Control Panel - System [Information]
screen? about half-way down that window, there's either '32-bit' or '64-bit' shown there.

That could make a lot of difference.

Also, try to find or recollect (or look on your computer, in
Start - Control Panel - 'Devices and Printers' (or perhaps 'Printers and Faxes') ) for the model # ***** your former Canon printer.
(It may be shown in the listing of formerly installed printers.)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm working with Windows7, Home system, on Model 95410 uk

Using 64 bit.

My previous printer I think was an Epson S520

When my previous printer gave and then my computer got to slow I changed both, and got rid of both not thinking I would need details of either of them.

I hope these very sketchy details are of some help

Thanking You

Norman Joyce

l

Not too sketchy to make use of, thank you, Norman.

Unfortunately after a search I find that the model # ***** quoted me is probably a toner cartridge, not a printer. I can't find that (as a printer) on Epson's site.

Any other guesses as to the printer you used to have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can confirm now that my printer an Epson SX218

If so, then this is the link from which to download software and drivers for the Epson SX218:

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/3838

I think the Epson software & driver package is most likely to be helpful. It may not contain the Photo Record program, but it is the one download that is most likely to contain it.

Indeed, it's odd: the one PhotoRecord program that I found mention of is a Canon software product, apparently. That may be a false indication, it may have been produced by a third-party software maker and marketed/distributed to various major companies including *both* Canon and Epson... but it's just a little strange.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Russell, I will give up the ghost and say, enough is enough and leave it as a dead program, a program I used to use not the be resurrected again.

You've obviously looked at it and several tries at finding a solution have failed so I will call it a day and say that is history and move on

Yours

Norman

A shame there wasn't a better ending to this matter.

(Just as an afterthought: What error message or condition prevented the Canon PhotoRecord program download from running, or from installing?)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I send the images to printer I get absolutely nothing, nothing happens at all!

Thanking you

Norman

That sounds like a condition where either the printer is defective (some defective printers just 'absorb' print jobs, but fail to actually compose the data into actions, thus the nothing-happens result...), or else the printer's driver is in a corrupted or discomposed state, and needs an uninstall-restart-and-reinstall procedure.

Would you like to try the uninstall-restart-and-reinstall procedure? you may have done something of the sort, but left out one the subtle aspects of procedure that help make it a maximally effective process.

That is, if you still have the printer on which images will not print. Let me know.