Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a problem with my CLX 3175 Printer, When printing a

Customer Question

I have a problem with my CLX 3175 Printer, When printing a B/W Landscape from my Samsung 17" Laptop the centre horizontal third is very faint, This has happened over the past 2 weeks. I have tried renewing the Black Toner and the imaging Unit but to no avail. Can you please help?
John E. Frazier
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What exactly do you mean by renewing?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddie, sorry to be such a pain but I lost my screen, the answerbto your query, 'for renewing' please read 'replacing'. Regards, ***** *****

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok I just wanted to make sure that is what you meant and not cleaning or something similar. How old is the machine? Has anything else been replaced?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Freddy, Purchase Date - November 10th 2009, Repair for paper jam carried out on 5th May 2011 by Digicare.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you know if anything was replaced in 2011 or was it just a service to remove an internal jam and then put everything back in place?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i Freddie, According, to invoice. Labour only charges.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that is what I needed to know thank you, ***** ***** are describing sounds like thetransfer unit is worn and needs to be replaced. First before replacing it, I suggest removing and cleaning the area then reinserting it first to rule that out. Let it cool down first as it can be very hot.

This video shows how to remove it: Click Here If you have already replaced this let me know. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy, I have removed, cleaned and and re-installed Transfer Unit.

I will carry out tests tomorrow and will let you know the results.

Best regards, ***** *****

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need, as I mentioned usually what you described means this needs to be replaced. So even if it gets better you may want to watch it as it also normally indicates you will need to replace it soon. If you have already replaced this let me know. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning Freddy, I have tried my Printer but the problem remains.

Is there a specific cleaning method for the Transfer Unit or just a general

clean with clean cloth? Can you recommend a supplier for replacement Transfer Unit (Speedy). John F.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
A cloth should be fine.one more thing before replacing that does the page feel hot when it comes out of the machine? If the fuser is not heating properly it could not be heating the toner properly in order for it to transfer onto the page. These two parts work together and it is common for them to fail at the same time.
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
.