Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

have a canon IP pixma 8500 printer which is producing weird

Customer Question

have a canon IP pixma 8500 printer which is producing weird colours using jet tec inks can you help please I have tried head cleaning this has not had the desired effect
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What happens if you try Genuine Canon cartridges instead?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, i haven't tried Canon inks due to the price of them. At the moment i am using 'Ink BB-BC16PM' inks with the printer. The Canon inks are very expensive in comparison with these ones.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Canon machines do not work well with Generic or refilled inks and they can damage the print head which causes the nozzles to clog and corrode. When this happens they do not produce the proper colours that they should. Canon ink costs more because every time you print with them they clean the print head at the same time to prevent this. Before we can do anything else we would need to rule out the cartridges and the only way to do that is to try Genuine Canon cartridges.
.