Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have just bought a HP Officejet Pro 8610 and just cannot

I have just bought a HP Officejet Pro 8610 and just cannot get it wireless printing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You should not have to put a code into your router; rather the code should be put into your printer's configuration, in order for it to match that of your router. Are you sure that you did not misunderstand the instructions?

Are you using a fully genuine HP-originated software set for this installation? if you are not sure, please tell me your Windows version (and System Type, from the
Start - Control Panel - System [Information]
screen) or your MAC OS X 10.X version # ***** you have an Apple computer, and I will instruct you as to what to do. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Russell,

it is Windows 7 OS.

Yes it is genuine HP software as I have tried loading from the CD that I got with the purchase and then removed and downloaded from the website the same software. However, when I did a scan with one of these driver fix systems it said my driver was out of date?

"Driver scanners" are not of any use. I advise you to uninstall the driver scanner software you installed, first, then restart. And follow my instructions from there.

Did the HP printer in question ever work wirelessly before this, in any situation or on any system?

Was the HP printer in question already hooked up to print via USB cable, to this same computer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed the driver scanner software - do you want me to restart the PC?

The printer is wireless with no USB, hasn't printed wireless ever but can print a test page via touching the printer settings themselves so nothing wrong with the product. In fact on the printer control panel it can see my wirless network and on my printer options via my PC it is there as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any further advice?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if you are off line now but will try again tomorrow.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can we conclude this request today when you are back online please.

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=e907c328-4009-445e-b590-d1c214dad9f1

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.