carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Hardware Engineer
69505510

my printer will not scan from computer it will print copies

my printer will not scan from computer it will print copies but not from computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do not know what you mean, not any of the above

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I will need to opt out.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
By sorting my problem, I have explained my preblem, I now do not wish to pay for something I am not getting
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will help with your problem if you still need help. Could you let me know if you wish to continue with the question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl

The problem is my printer will not scan and print from the computer, even though it will print copies

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI,
I have a few questions to help me understand your problem.
Could you let me know what model of printer you have and the make/model of your computer?
Is your printer wireless or is it connected to the computer using a usb lead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My computer is ACER C720 WiFi Chromebook-Ash

My printer is Deskjet 3250

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** look for some information and get back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what information do you need?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
I am just getting the manual for the printer and the chromebook, is the printer connected to the computer using a usb lead
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a wireless printer, but also has a usb lead, When the printer first stopped I connected the lead, and the printer worked, but now it has even stopped working with that

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Have you had the printer working with the computer wirelessly before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes up to three weeks ago, when it stopped, thats when I used the connection till that is not working

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Could you check the printer to ensure it is connected to the wireless router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel you are on the right track. But how do I do that?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
If you Press the Wireless button to view wireless status and menu options.
• If the printer has an active connection to a wireless network, the wireless light will be on solid blue. In the mean time, the printer display will show Connected and the printer’s IP address.
• If wireless is disabled (wireless radio off) and the wireless network is not available, the wireless light will be off. In the mean time, the display screen shows Wireless Off.
• If wireless is enabled (wireless radio on) and you do not have a wireless connection, the wireless light will be blinking. In the mean time, the display screen shows that it is either in the process of Connecting or Not Connected.
You can use the printer display to retrieve information about your wireless network, establish a wireless connection, and more.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where is the wireless button?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
The wireless button is at the bottom right of the control panel on the printer it is next to the eprint button it should be marked wireless.
carlday1, Engineer
Experience: Self Employed Hardware Engineer