Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Canon Pixma iP4850 printer which up until now works

I have a Canon Pixma iP4850 printer which up until now works perfectly. I now experience a problem when trying to print photos on 7x5 gloss paper using rear tray. A message keeps coming up saying remove blocked paper - but there is no blockage. Works Ok using A4 paper and using main tray. What could be the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you today.

Do you maen the printer cannot print from the rear tray and you have tried to print from A4 paper from the front tray and the printer was able to print on the A4 paper ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have for a long time printed my photos on 7x5 gloss paper fed from the rear tray with no problems at all. Recently, however, the paper came through blank and an error message displayed indicating a paper blockage. I cannot find any blockage. Can you help? My printer is a Canon Pixma iP4850.

ALSO It appears that I have been charged twice for your advice. Could you please arrange a refund of 18GBP to my PayPal account. I look forward to your reply

Andrew.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
You have been charged twice, because you posted this same question, twice. I can see that, your other question have been already closed and you should get the refund for that. Now, for your problem, can you tell me, what you have tried to confirm that, there is no blockage on the rear feeding path.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed a small panel at the back of the printer - no sign of paper. When I have printed off 7x5 pics in the past I only load one card at a time and all have passed thro' without trouble. Recently the cards have come thro' OK albeit without printing. There is no paper jamming the printer - I can only assume that there is some sort of programme fault giving me a false error message. There is no problem when printing using the main bottom tray. I am afraid that is all I can say at the moment.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Andrew for the detailed update of the problem and as you seems to be a experienced user, I will explain the problem to you, this is a sensor problem and that is why the printer is giving wrong error code, when you try to use the rear tray, you can print from the main tray, because the sensor is fine on that paper path, these sensors are used to detect any jam on the path, which can caused due to paper or any foreign objects, like paper clip, pencil, etc.

Now, the only solution to solve this problem is to replace the sensor, but the main problem in this is that, the sensor is not available in any stores, Canon only supply these spares to their authorised service centers and they will not sell this to anyone, if thet do that then, I can help you to completely dismantle the printer, so that you can replace the sensor to solve the problem.

You can send this printer for repairing, but honestly speaking the charges to repair this will printer will be high, in that price you can buy refurbished printer, with which you will get a full one year warranty, like you get with new printers and the price of a refurbished printer is half of the new printer.

Now, let me know, what you want to do ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have come to the same conclusion - not a mechanical fault. I will soon be purchasing a new stand alone printer from Canon - these are quite rare now as the move is to All-in-one. I still have not received my refund, please expedite.

Andrew

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
I have send a request for the refund of the duplicate question, which you have posted. It may take some time for the refund, but you will get it back, definately.