Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hi, I have an ipad which is connected to my canon mg4250 airprinter

Customer Question

Hi, I have an ipad which is connected to my canon mg4250 airprinter via a wifi router. Unfortunately, when I search for a printer it doesn't locate it until I switch the printer off and on, and then if I want to print another doc within minutes I have to switch the printer off and on again before it will be found
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

This may not be a issue with the printer, can do the following steps on iPad and let me know.

Power off the router for 60 secs. then , on your iPAD select "forget network," and then once again "join network".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have switched router off for 60 seconds, then forget network and then join network but still get message "no AirPrint printer found"
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Do you see the wireless light or indicator on the printer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the blue light is still lit
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please try the following and let me know.

Reboot the iPad. It is surprising how many random problems simply rebooting the iPad will solve. The only reason why this isn't first on the list is because many of the other steps here are so quick to check. Hold down the suspend button until the iPad prompts you to "slide to power off" and then slide the button. After it is powered down, hold down the suspend button again to power it on again. Find out more on rebooting the iPad...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done, but still no printer found
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please check, if you can see the printer on your iPad and send print jobs to the printer, it is probably not an iPad issue. The iPad should detect standard problems like the printer being out of paper or out of ink, but this relies on the printer to communicate back with the iPad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said initially, the only way I can proceed is as follows; i choose the document to print then select print. The ipad shows the page "select printer" and I get "no AirPrint printer found". I then physically switch the printer off and then, when I switch it back on and repeat the select printer step it will show "mg 4250" and I can print the doc. However, should if want to print another doc within a couple of minutes the same "no printer found" appears and I have to repeat the steps!
I'm sorry for the delay in replying but I had to go on a fallout!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Do you use this printer with any other PC in your home ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I only have an ipad. I needed to take my printer and router to the supplier to have them synchronised together. Do I need to download any app from the Apple Store?.
I'm sorry for the delay but I have had to go away for the month of August and forgot that I would not have access to the printer for that period.
If it is possible, I'll contact you on my return but I will understand if I would have to start the procedure over again. Sorry forthis
Dennis Wherry
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
No problem, you can reply me , after you return from the journey and have a safe journey.