Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I cannot get my printer to operate. It is a Canon MG3150. It

I cannot get my printer to operate. It is a Canon MG3150. It displays a triangular symbol with a lightning fork in it. It also displays the numbers 1 then 6 then E in sequence.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Did this happen when you put the new ink in or before that?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Freddy,

It happened after I put in the new cartridges, but I managed one successful colour print before it failed. The printer was bought in May 2013 and I have replaced the cartridges once since then without trouble.

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.