Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Hi Jason, I am wanting to print on wristbands with a xerox

Hi Jason,
I am wanting to print on wristbands with a xerox 8560 phaser printer there are 2 size wristbands 3/4 inch in a row of 10 amd the other 1 inch with a sheet of 5 need help setting up the printer to print on these 2 different size wristbands is this something you can do ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

What is the application that you are printing from on your computer?

Customer: Hi I am using photo filtr
JoelK :

I am not familiar with photo filtr, but it should have a custom label menu option.

JoelK :

What version of the Softonic program are you using?

Customer: Sorry not sure about that I have windows 8.1 and I have a xerox 8526 phaser printer which I am printing from .... I am trying to print on wristbands there are 2 sizes to the wristbands one size is 1 inch and the other is 3/4 inch the one inch has five wristbands on a sheet and the 3/4 inch has 10 on a sheet
JoelK :

Yes. I got that from your original question. I am downloading the latest version 10.4.1 of the free software now, and I will try to configure a custom label. While we are waiting, if you select the Help menu, there should be an item that says About PhotoFiltre. When you click on that, it will tell you the version of your software.

Customer: Sorry it's photo filtre
Customer: not the latest version I think it's 6
JoelK :

Yes, well, I am still waiting for the latest version to install. I am glad that you asked the question, because I did not know about this software. It must be quite good for freeware, because it is quite large.

JoelK :

Oh, I see. It is just a trial version. It was waiting for me to accept the agreement.

JoelK :

Okay. I have the software now. Please give me a few minutes to try it out...

JoelK :

I haven't found any repeating label settings at all, let alone any custom ones.

Customer: Ok I think it's more to do with the printer settings as I am struggling with the printer as I have designed the template to do the wristbands it's getting the printer to print on the odd sized paper it's the problem
JoelK :

My printer will only do repetitive labels on a page if the application has it, such as in Microsoft Word. This leads me to think that you cannot get a printer to do step and repeat, unless the printing application has it.

Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know,
Joel