Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

i have a cannon pixma mp250 and it keeps saying paper jammed

Customer Question

i have a cannon pixma mp250 and it keeps saying paper jammed in printer but there is no paper in there.so it will not print anything,can you help ? thanks gary
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried what you said but it did not work what else can i try ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What is the exact message it is giving you now including any numbers if there are any?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing is coming up now

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If nothing is coming up those steps may have worked. Try making a photo copy and see what happens.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing is happening when i try to photo copy ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off, then unplug it. You may need to unplug it to force it off. Then leave it unplugged for 10 minutes. Plug it back in turn it on and try to make a copy. Hopefully it will at least show a E code after this.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried that and nothing also tried to print yet again nothing but yes the E is flashing on the printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Just E? It should show numbers as well after the E like E 0 1 for example.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yeah it is showing 0

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It should be 3 digits told. For example E 0 1
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it is just showing E 0 FLASHING

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts then.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you today.

Please let me know, if you still need help on this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i still have the same problem can you help me ?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me, what is the exact error code, you are getting ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is flashing E then 3 then 0

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
E,3,0 error code indicates the problem below.

The size of the original cannot be correctly detected or the document is too small when the Fit-to-Page copying is selected.

Please open the scanner cover and check, if there is anything on the platen glass or not then, reply me back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for the long reply,no there is nothing on the glass platen.