Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Good morning, after having been switched off for two weeks

Customer Question

Good morning, after having been switched off for two weeks our SX435W does not have its wi fi light on and appears to be offline. Any suggestions gratefully received! Thanks Dave
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dave! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you gone to the printer's screen, then go to the Setup -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Wi-Fi Setup -> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard (or something similar) and re-connect to your wireless network name (SSID)?

Also, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1, or mac computer?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Set up print out says no SSID found. Our router is definitely on, the mobile is phone is fine on wi fi

Please disconnect power cord from router for a few minutes, then reconnect
, then power off the printer, then disconnect power cord from it for a minute, then reconnect, then turn on and try again.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no change I fear

Your wireless network name (SSID) is not set to be hidden / invisible on the router right? (You can log on your router and check.) Or if the phone is able to see your neighbor's wireless, if any, then this confirm the printer's wireless hardware is bad.

I'm sorry, it looks like the wireless antennae hardware is bad on the printer. Is there an Ethernet / network port on the printer you can connect to the router to use? Thank you.