Aaron.Anderson
Aaron.Anderson, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years experiencing working with computers, networks and printers with various certifications
15043999

I have a Canon Pixma 435 printer - How do you un-jam a bad

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma 435 printer - How do you un-jam a bad paper jam?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

1. Turn the machine off, then unplug the power cord.
2. Open the document tray, then open the document cover.
3. Stand the machine with the right side facing down.
If you can see the jammed paper at the front tray, stand the machine with the front tray open.
4. Push the open lever to open the transport unit.
When you open the transport unit, support the machine with your hand so that it does not fall down.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The paper is still jammed and I cannot see any remnants of paper to get a grip of

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Open the front of the machine and check where the ink cartridges are.
You may need to move the carriage by hand to get to it:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have moved the ink Cartridges over towards their housing as far as they will go. I cannot see any jammed paper to ease out.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The next step would be to by hand feed something thick through the machine like a piece of card stock or thin card board.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Machine will not let me feed anything through. Paper jam warning shows.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I mentioned you would need to do it by hand. That is why you would be using something thick that can not jam or wrap around the rollers.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to push a piece of cardboard through manually but the jam persists

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, unfortunately I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I am going offline now. Sorry you could not help me.

Expert:  Aaron.Anderson replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.

Please make sure the power is on and remove any paper that is in the front printer tray. Then open the paper output tray.

Next, press the SETUP button. The SETUP menu screen should appear. Use the left or right arrow button to select MAINTENANCE and press the OK button. Then use the same left or right arrow button to select ROLLER CLEANING. Then press okay.

After it stops moving, close the paper tray then load 3+ sheets of paper in the tray. Open the OUTPUT tray extension (where the paper comes out) and make sure the ROLLER CLEANING is still selected on the menu. Process OK.

Then you should be good to go if it's a jam that's removable without taking the rollers out of the printer.