Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an Expression Home XP-215 and also a windows RT 8.1

Customer Question

I have an Expression Home XP-215 and also a windows RT 8.1 tablet 32bit machine. I keep getting a note that they are not compatable. Is this correct? can they be made conpatable and how?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You may have an older version of the driver, please try installing using this one instead: Click Here

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Freddy M

Sorry for delay in replying. I did click on your suggested link but it resulted in a reply - this does not work on your machine. There was a suggestion that I search the My Store tile to see if there was anything there to cover thet matter but I did search but nothing particular was there.

Russ

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What was the exact and entire error message? That driver is for windows 8 32bit so it should install properly as windows 8 and 8.1 use the same drivers.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Freddy

I tried reloading my machine from that which you sent me and it seemed to load this time. I had the setting as 'run' before so this time I tried 'save' and therre seemed to appear a line showing loading, I think, but I cant find where it went. If it did load, what should I do now to make it functional please?

Russ

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you chose save it would have only saved the downloaded file and would not have installed it. What internet browser are you using? With that I can tell you how to look at the saved downloads.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Internet browser is Internet Explorer 11 on windows 8.1

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Click the gear icon on the top right corner.
Then click on view downloads in the list, the newest one should be it, you would want to double click on it.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Freddy

I am still in trouble. I downloaded the programme which came after I clicked your attachment and the programme took 15 Minutes to down load. The serial number of the programme was 377487 Eu.exe. and frro m memory was sized as 1.4Mg

I tried to bring it up for clicking on to load but when I went top to the top right hand corner there was only a 'search' sign ands nothing else . I tried searching for the latest downloads but nothing of the date came up.. I then clicked run on the programme and the message was:

"This app can't run on this machine. To find apps for this PC open the windows store file."

So What now and if the wrong app how do I delete it please

Russ

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is the correct one and the gear icon is on the top right corner in internet explorer right below the red X. You can also hold down Ctrl and while holding it down tap J to open the downloads. That file 377487 Eu.exe you need to run just downloading it is not enough. Double click on it to run it.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Freddy

At last I have got the file (actually 3 extra copies of it) by ctrol+J - I double clicked it and managed to get it to display as a tile on the start display. How do I get it to work the Epson printer and also to get it into the Epson tile on the start page? I shall delete the extra copies later?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It should not go to the start display at all. Show it using CTRL+J again then right click on it. Choose open in the right click menu.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Freddy

I have been trying to move the app to 'open' as you instructed but it didn't go there, the answer came up with 'this app cant run on this PC. to find apps for this machine open windows store' I've tried double clicking but the same answer. Is there any trick which would shift it to open?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It should run lets try tricking it into running.
Right click on it and click on properties.

At the top click on the compatibility tab.
Put a check in the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box and choose windows 8 or Windows 7 from the box below that.

Click on apply and the on ok.
Right click it again and click on run as administrator even if you are one.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I opened the properties tab but found no tab for 'compatability' although I searched through the other tabs on the properties mode as well. The headings for tabs were:-

General

Digital signatures

Security

Details

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is odd it should have one like this:

We can try to do it a different way:

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter run programs in the search box.

Tap or click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then tap or click Next.
Choose the downloaded installer.
.