Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Kodak ESP 5250 operated with Dell 19" laptop. Had printer for

Kodak ESP 5250 operated with Dell 19" laptop. Had printer for 3 years no problems. Often disengage from printer. Of late unable to scan but print OK. Now unable to print or scan. USB connection and ink OK
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What happens when you try to print or scan?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When attempting to print message states Printer not responding, it also shows ink levels empty. Printer shows nearly full ink levels.

When in previous weeks I tried to scan the process continued ad infinitum, but when I just tried it was OK!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What version of windows is on the laptop?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 2007

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Please click on computer then right click on computer and click properties. It will say which version you have there. There is no windows 2007 it may be windows 7.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 7 professional - sorry

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
No problem that happens a lot actually. What you are describing can be caused by a few different things. The only one that is not hardware related is the driver becoming corrupt. We will test that first, automatic updates in windows and other programs can cause that to happen.

Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the printeron the computer.

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.