VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

why does my Epson wf-7620 print blank page before and printing

why does my Epson wf-7620 print blank page before and printing a page
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. If you make a copy on the printer (not print from the computer), does it also make a blank page first?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is the same with either a Pc running windows 7 or a MAC.

It only does it when printing, copying is normal.

when I print a doc it first produces a blank page then the doc to be printed followed by another blank page, this happens when printing from either the Mac or Dell laptop PC.

The Epson printer is new so problem is probably one of system set up.

I will be available most of today on UK time

I'm sorry, on the printer's screen, can you press the Home button, then go to the Setup (tool/wrench icon) option, then System Administration, then Clear All Data and settings, and confirm yes, then check.

Reference:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=233680&prodoid=63099065&foid=254039&cat=237989&subcat=237995

Note: if your printer is connected to Wi-Fi/wireless, you can re-connect it with the instructions at the website below:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=233680&prodoid=63099065&foid=254028&cat=237989&subcat=238002
, or video instructions:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=233680&void=260981

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about delay, reset wi-fi, config report says

a router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning, improve your wireless network environment.

System wi-fi appears ok to me.

Printed from both PC and Mac, still sends blank page after printing job

Sorry, please this from the mac, then test on the mac:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Fax.
  2. Select the Epson... printer
  3. Click on the - (minus) icon at the bottom left, and remove/delete the printer.
  4. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and re-add the printer.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Viet

Did that on the MAC, still sends a blank before and after printing page,

I'm sorry, it is really strange; let me open the issue to other experts. Thank you

Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir or Ma'am this is doing this from Windows and the MAC system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the problem is the same with either PC or Mac, when starting a print job the printer first prints a blank page and then the print job followed by another blank page.

Both computers seem to print OK it is just the blank pages before and after the print job.

Ok... Thanks for the reply. Let us try to Upgrade the Firmware of the Printer via the Windows side. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=233680&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_8-64 Then go to the Firmware Pointer and download the Firmware option for your Printer. Make sure that your version of Windows is selected.

Also, I wanted to ask one more question. This prints in this manner from all programs on each system???

Lastly, do you have the manual for the printer??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the printing problem is the same whatever system I am using, the Dell PC is running Windows 7 professional which is not listed in the Epson dropdown.

The existing drivers etc were loaded from the disc provided with the printer which was installed last Thursday

Ok.
I believe that I have found the culprit for this issue. Do you have the owners manual for your Printer since it was just installed last week?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have the soft copy of the manual

Sweet, please go to page 109 and forward for the solution to this issue. It appears that the Drivers is setup to Print a separator page before each print job. the manual also has the MAC instruction in there also or they can be downloaded from online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I looked at page 109 but I cannot see the reference to printing a separator page, can you please advise

Sorry, please continue reading from page 109 forward. It shows how to enable and disable the feature.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry if I am being a bit stupid but I looked at page 109 and the following pages and I cannot see any reference to separator pages

Look for Extended Settings, it is under that section. Please see below.
Extended Settings -
Windows You can select from these settings on the Extended Settings window. Enable EPSON Status Monitor 3 Enables product monitoring for ink and paper supplies and other issues. Check Paper Width Before Printing Prevents printing beyond the edges of the paper if the paper size setting is incorrect, but may reduce print speed. Thick paper and envelopes Prevents ink from smearing when you print on envelopes or other thick paper. Short Grain Paper Prevents ink from smearing when you print on envelopes or other thick paper, and the Thick Paper setting does not help. Separator Page Before each document, prints a separator page containing the title, user, date, and time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked the windows

extended settings page and the only bow ticked is Enable Epson, the separator page is not ticked

Ok, if it is not selected in the software it maybe enabled on the Printer it self.
Just to be clear, the printer does this for all printing no matter what program is printing to the Printer. For MAC and Windows?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the printer does this form either laptop, i.e. Mac or PC for all printing

Thank you kindly for the swift response. Since the Printer is just a week old you can take it back to the store for an even exchange. Because by default/fresh out of the box. This printer does not have that option setup on it. Also, I reccomend this action over us going through the Menus and possibly voiding the warranty to fix a problem that the printer should not have at all.
Your thoughts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I will try and contact Epson, I think that it may be a hidden setting somewhere,

Thanks for your help

Ok, to assist you:
Telephone support
Home Users
Call 01952 607 111 - Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. We are closed for UK public holidays.
Business Users
Call 0871(###) ###-####- Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. We are closed for UK public holidays.
Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.
Customers calling from Ireland
Call###-##-####- Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. We are closed for UK public holidays.
Please consider a positive rating for the service received.
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience: I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.