Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hello there -- I have a Canon iP7250 printer and am having

Hello there -- I have a Canon iP7250 printer and am having trouble getting A4 paper to 'load' in the tray. It just doesn't seem to fit and no matter how I fiddle about with it, the paper won't lie flat and the drawer just won't close. It's driving me barmy and I'm sure the solution must be really simple. Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What tray are you trying to load A4 paper into? or what place in the printer are you loading A4 paper into?

Have you tried adjusting the paper guides in the paper tray, that determine the width of the paper that can lie flat in the paper tray?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm using the correct tray (it's the little pull-out drawer at the bottom of the front of the device) and I've used it OK before (it's new). But for some reason, the paper doesn't seem to want to go in. The tray doesn't seem wide enough for the paper to lie flat without 'arching' and no amount of fiddling around with the internal slider-guides makes any difference. It's driving me bonkers. I did it OK first time without any help, because it was so obvious, and now it doesn't work. I'm baffled.

Frankly, I'm puzzled too.

Remove the A4 paper, put in ordinary-sized Letter (8 1/2 inch by 11 inch) paper.

Does the Letter size fit into the tray OK? or is it free to move from left to right a bit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aha! Problem solved. There are two separate drawers, one specifically for A4 paper and it's tucked away out of sight. I didn't realise this and opened the upper drawer (for smaller paper) on this occasion. D'oh! Thanks for your help.

I hope that my advising you to check the way Letter size paper fits in the drawer (and to remove the A4 paper for the moment) helped with the problem, or helped suggest the way to the solution you reached.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to return at any time to ask another question in any one of our numerous categories of expertise.