Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon MG6350 wireless printer and am unsure how to

I have a Canon MG6350 wireless printer and am unsure how to scan items to my Apple iMac
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of Mac OS are you using? If your not sure click on the apple menu and then about this Mac it will say the version number there.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MAC OS X 10.9.4

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
On your Mac click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
Click Print & Scan, and then click your printer in the left pane.

Click the Scan tab, and then click Open Scanner.
If a 'Software for this device is not installed' message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.

Click Show Details to view scan settings and options.
Make sure that you select either the Flatbed mode or the Document Feeder mode, Flatbed for the glass.

Change any settings as necessary, and then click Scan.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy,

When I set the scan to for example to Desktop, how do I find the scanned document on the MAC?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Make sure you set a name for it then if you chose scan to desktop it should be saved on your desktop, when you do that so you would just go to the Mac desktop and it should be there. This video is for HP but it is the same process: Click here The video shows this at 1 minutes 20 seconds. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes all worked ok.

Thank you so much Freddy for such a good service.

Will reflect this in my rating.

Terry

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and thank you very much I greatly appreciate a positive rating. I hope you have a wonderful day.
.