Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my pixar mg3250 has P 2 2 flashing with yellow warning triangle

my pixar mg3250 has P 2 2 flashing with yellow warning triangle and A & B lights flashing too. This has happened every time i wake it up. It takes me ages of turning it off and on again to get the cartridges to move to a place i can remove them tap the cartridge and then replace. (they are very new!) It will then print happily but as soon as it is left and goes into sleep mode we start the whole process again! this is not what i want to be spending my time doing and the printer has very nearly been thrown out of the window! HELP!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
P22 is a very bad error that can be caused by a board failure, Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this has worked previously but today it won't move. it is as far right as it will go and won't budge. this machine is only about 5mths old.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If it is 5 months old and the error keeps coming back up you need to have it replaced under the warranty. It can be a sign of the logic board starting to fail. To get it replaced under warranty call this number: +44 (0) 20 7660 0186 P22 as well as B200 indicates an issue with either the print head or logic board. Since it keeps coming back on your machine it sounds like the logic board is starting to fail. Since the machine is under a year old Canon will normally replace it. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.