Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

hp 2250ps - only 1/4 pages printing properly in rotation.

hp 2550ps - only 1/4 pages printing properly in rotation. 1st page perfect then fades to blank pages by 3rd or 4th page.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
HP has multiple 2550 machines. Is this a lserjet, photosmart, etc?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a colour laser printer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok then it is a laserjet series machine. Do the pages it prints out feel warm? Have you replaced anything yet other than toner?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't really print at the moment but I think pages are slightly warm when printed. I have not replaced any thing myself apart from toner and ink. I inherited the machine a couple of years ago with no real problems?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you test a print for me? You can take all the time you need. I need to know if they are warm or not for sure to rule out one of the parts.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will test in a little while when I get home to make sure.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
Just printed off 10 pages and each page is hot when it exits. Only 1/10 printed?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok thank you I really hate to tell you this but you indeed are going to need a new part, it being hot means the fuser is heating properly ruling that out and leaves only the transfer unit. It is the part responsible for transferring the toner the fuser melts onto the page. The part number for this is Q3658A and any local technician should be able to order it for you. The part normally costs around £75 to £100. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** clarify... The fuser is NOT heating properly and If its not that I may need a transfer unit? Is the part number for fuser or transfer unit?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No the other way around it sounds like the fuser is heating properly and does not need to be replaced. Because the fuser unit seems like it is heating properly the transfer unit needs to be replaced. They do often fail at the same time but the transfer unit is much more likely, that is what I gave you the part number for. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.