Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Pages when printed have some parts of sentences in wobbly text

Pages when printed have some parts of sentences in wobbly text - not intentionally meant to be in italics
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model is this?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Epson XP 800 Claria

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Machine only purchased at beginning of June. Have just replaced all cartridges so they're all full. Is it necessary to clean, I doubt it's a problem with cartridges?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Yes you would still want to clean the cleaning is for the printer more than the cartridges and it does not matter if they are new as defective cartridges do sometimes get out. It is best to clean both however just to be safe. There is sometimes a small nub on the ink cartridges it is normal for a small amount of ink to come out of that when pushed.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will clean today as you suggested then let you know the outcome

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have cleaned as suggested. Printed again, problem still there. This time the wobble occurred on every 10th line

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Is every 10th line better than it was even slightly? You did not mention how often it happened before.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Every 10th line is just as before. Previously it hadn't been aware of a definite pattern. This seems to be new to today's printing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
So nothing at all changed then?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing changed. Husband been to supplier, they have given a phone number to ring to arrange for collection and repair as it's still under guarantee. Had hoped for a quick fix but it seems I'll be without a printer for the foreseeable future.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately if the same thing happened it means the carriage unit has failed and needs to be replaced which is what the technician will do. Normally they send you an already refurbished unit once receiving yours to make the wait a little shorter. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your printer.
.