Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my canon 9500 print slightly misty photos they are also slightly

Customer Question

my canon 9500 print slightly misty photos they are also slightly pale i got it recently second hand. P.s I have an Imac
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant test it it just told me the yellow tank is empty

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately you can not force it to print with an empty cartridge until it is replaced we can not test it. You can take all the time you need to get back to me.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks i will do

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy i haven't received the yellow ink cartridge yet but i put the printer on my laptop which is a pc it showed the colour test patterns and it shows the colours fill from top to bottom of the bars that are each side of the colours name. There are two columns marked 1 and 2 on my test sheet apart from the mbk they all only fill half of the bar in row 1 row 2 is all fine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Can you test it with something you printed before? That way we know if it got even slightly better.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant test it until the yellow inkjet comes but i did do a colour test before i got in touch with you and it looks different to the one shown on the windows laptop i think it will be best to wait for the ink to come and see if the cleaning worked

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
No problem take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks see you soon

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy It didn't work its printing poor photos i have a canon ip4500 which prints good photo's a lot better than the 9500

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did it get even slightly better? You need to compare it to prints it printed itself when working properly and not from a different machine if possible.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was a little better but still not good

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok it can take up to 3 cleanings before seeing an improvement. Please try it a couple more times for me.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay i will let you know how i got on. thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Take your time.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy I have tried it again and its about the same my old printer is much better faces are to pale

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You really should compare it with images it printed itself when working properly and not another printer. Every printer is a little different. Remove the ink cartridges and look at the carriage is there a latch you can lift?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can lift the bar where the colours are

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That should allow you to remove the print head. Remove it and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes. Change the water and repeat this until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Run the Canon print head cleaning once and then test it, it can take 3 prints to notice the difference.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant seem to get the print head out but i will tr. it look as though the green ink has leaked at some point there seems to be traces of it on the head and inside the runner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need, this is for a different machine but should give you an idea how to take it out: Click Here
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy not much improvement i'm afraid. I will speak to you again tomorrow i have to get my Grandchildren from School .Colin

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
No problem, Take all the time you need Colin.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy what do you think the next move should be?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You said that there was not much improvement but it did improve? Have you compared it to something this printer itself has printed yet and not your old one?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy there was a slight improvement but hardly anything if its the best it can do i am not impressed my ip 4500 is much better i am thinking about cutting my losses and using the old one

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is why I mentioned comparing to a print it has done in the past when you know it was working properly. The 9500 should be the better of those two, now that we have everything cleaned which could have caused a lot of issues we need to check the color profiles. and if it still does the same thing it normally means the print head needs to be replaced.

First follow the steps on this page if you have not yet: Click Here Do not print yet instead follow these steps next: Click Here Unfortunately other than replacing the print head there is nothing else we can do after this. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy that did improve the photos a bit but still what i would get as standard on my ip 4500 thanks for your help Colin

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome, Unfortunately other than replacing the print head there is nothing else we can do though I wish there was. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.