Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Windows 7 Laptop, and need a compatible printer. Not

I have a Windows 7 Laptop, and need a compatible printer. Not too expensive. Is this possible? What kind doI need? Deirdre
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I need to know a couple things in order to give you a recommendation. What is your price range? What will the printer be used to print? How do you want to connect it to the Laptop and do you want it to be portable?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hallo Freddy, I am not an expert on computers! My old printer gave up the ghost. I need one that I can just plug into the side of the laptop Acer Windows 7. It does not have to be portable, just stay under the desk. I only need to pring incoming e mail when I download it, and any sessions i write on Word. Is that enough info at moment? Price as cheap as possible as long as it works! Can you give me an idea? Also, I want the smallest you do! Deirdre

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Thank you that is plenty of information. I work on all brands and models of printers. I would go with this machine: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I "clicked" where it indicated, and what came up was an HP Deskjet 2540 (What is that?) All in one printer Price £35. It just gave a picture. No indication of size, or whether I can just plug it in with one attachment to my laptop?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
The Deskjet 2540 is the printer model. You can just plug it into the laptop with a USB cable that and the size is a little lower on the page.

Weight: 3.6 Kg
Dimensions:42.5 x 55.2 x 25.2 cm

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems rather large, but thanks for info. Have you an e mail you can leave with me? I want to forward all this to the man who sees to my lap top for his advice. Then I would like to get back to you to let you know how I got on.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I can find a smaller one for you, and we are not allowed to give out emails you would need to come back to this page. Smaller printers tend to cost a bit more which is why I went with that one. This one for example I would suggest if you want a smaller model: Click Here Dimensions: 30.4 x 44.9 x 15.2 cm It is a little more than the other printer but is a lot smaller as well. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Freddy. I hope I haven't wasted your time by being such a moron. I might go on line and order the HP Deskjet 2540 all in one printer. What actually is an all in one printer as being different from other printers?. Is the "all in one" the normal, basic printer?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Don't worry I am here to help. An all in one means that it can do multiple things as well as being used as just a basic printer. Most companies make mainly all in one machines nows. It means they can print, photo copy, and scan items. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.