Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I HAVE A KODAK HERO 3.1 AIO XPS IT WILL NOT PRINT BLACK

I HAVE A KODAK HERO 3.1 AIO XPS IT WILL NOT PRINT BLACK I HAVE PUT IN NEW CARTRIDGE STILL NO GOOD HAVE PUT ON CLEAN THE HEAD THREE TIMES NO GOOD . IT PRINTS VERY LITTLE THAY ARE KODAK CARTTIDGES THE OLD CARTRIDGE WAS STILL HALF FULL WHAT CAN I DO FROM BILL
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that before and just did it again still no good the. scanner prints ok

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The scanner prints black and it is not fain at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did that before and again still no good scanner works

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you missed my reply so here it is just in case:
When making a copy from the glass it is not faint at all? It printing dark black and no black from the printer, but colour from the printer would not make sense unless the copy is faint from what is originally was able to do.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I said the scanner works ok black and colour its the black when printing off the computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Right as I mentioned that is not normal unless it is faint. You have not told me if it comes out faint or not just that it will print black from the scanner. I am going to opt out an open this to all experts as I have still not gotten an answer to that from you.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it comes out a little faint from the scanner .it starts to print from the computer faint then will not print at all

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you that is what I needed to know, have you done a manual deep cleaning yet since you already did the normal cleaning by hand I mentioned?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I said I did it all again as you told me

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you misread what I posted. I had you do a normal cleaning, have you done a deep cleaning by hand yet? They are completely different.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have cleaned it by hand all of it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You cleaned it by hand the way I originally gave you, deep cleaning is different an requires removing the print head. Have you done that yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no how do I do that

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you, ***** ***** the ink cartridges and look at the carriage they are in. There should be a latch/tab. Lift that and it will release the print head letting you remove it. Remove it and soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes change the water and repeat this until the water is clear after the 10 minutes.

Once it is let the print head dry then put it back into the printer. Put the ink cartridges back in and run the Kodaks internal print head cleaning once, this will get any water still inside the nozzles out. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did what said deep clean. not printing at all. paper coming white have to go out now please leave reply

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you also run the internal cleaning once like I mentioned? If you skip that it will print blank.
.