Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Canon Pixma MG5300 has suddenly stopped printing colour.

My Canon Pixma MG5300 has suddenly stopped printing colour. I have deep cleaned 3 times and taken out the print head and carefully washed it in running water. All brings no improvement It prints black and white but if I ask for a photo I get a blank page. The printer is only just over a year old, I am using only Canon inks.
I have thought of buying a new printer (cheaper than a new print head), but have about £60 worth of inks for the current one !!
Any suggestion please ??
Terry Summers
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Unfortunately from what you are describing the print head needs to be replaced. Sometimes the best option is to buy the same machine with a different problem used on eBay and swap out the part. If not all of these models use the same ink if you decide to replace the machine instead:

Canon All-in-One MachinesPIXMA MG5120, PIXMA MG5150, PIXMA MG5220, PIXMA MG5250, PIXMA MG5320, PIXMA MG5350, PIXMA MG5420, PIXMA MG6120, PIXMA MG6150, PIXMA MG6220, PIXMA MG6250, PIXMA MG8120, PIXMA MG8150, PIXMA MG8220, PIXMA MG8250, PIXMA MX712, PIXMA MX715, PIXMA MX882, PIXMA MX885, PIXMA MX892, PIXMA MX895
Canon Inkjet PrintersPIXMA iX6520, PIXMA iX6550
Canon Photo PrintersPIXMA iP4820, PIXMA iP4850, PIXMA iP4920, PIXMA iP4950

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.