Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I need to resinstall the s/w that came with my MG5350 but have

I need to resinstall the s/w that came with my MG5350 but have lost the CD
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
You can download all the software that was on the CD from the following page: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG5350.aspx
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit or click the Accept button.
If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - yes I found that page myself and filtered on Windows 7 and English which presented me with 11 pieces of s/ware. It's not clear from the listings/descriptions which one/ones I need to install in order. I want to install the printer so I can connect to it wirelessly from my home router. Which one on the list do I need to install. If more than 1 then in what order? Regards Simon

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I did that already but when I launched it from my Desktop I get an error message saying Cannot start the MP Navigator. I can see the MG5400 listed in the supported printer list but the program won't initialise. When I ran it from the original CD (which I have lost) it installed a bunch of s/w then connected via wireless to my home router, discovered the printer and all was well. This s/w download doesn't seem to be doing that? it just fails at the launch phase

Thank you for the update, Simon.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sadly not Jason, this is a company laptop and I am not allow to start remote sharing outside of the company (I'm sure you understand). Happy for you to call me on phone +44(###) ###-####or I can call you if you let me know your number. Simon

I definitely understand.
Have you tried to install the printer from the printer window?
- Click Add a printer, choose Network printer, and follow the instructions there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good - so this is progress. I found the printer in the scanned list but when I tried to install I got a message saying it couldn't locate a driver. So if you can point me at a site to download a driver then maybe I can get it working! Simon

The drivers are found here: http://tinyurl.com/pvzxort
Click that link and run the file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I've downloaded the latest and latest -1 versions and then tried to run them but I get an error message No MP Drivers are correctly installed. In stall the MP drivers correctly so that printing can be executed.

What next?

You just downloaded and installed the drivers from the link that I sent 20 minutes ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I did, then I plugged the printer in to the laptop direct and ran a Windows update which picked up the driver and installd it so it now works wired & wireless and the full software package opens. I'm yet to use it for anything other than printing but it all looks OK. Thanks for your help - though I must say the Canon website wasn't that easy to use/find what I needed. Not your fault though. Cheers Simon

Thank you for the update, Simon.
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason