A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Technician
Experience:  Have worked on various printers for 5+ years.
71208907

I have a pixma mg7150 but Iam having trouble setting it up.

I have a pixma mg7150 but Iam having trouble setting it up. The inks are in, the language is in the instructions slot, the sheet 101 is inserted as requested and the paper in the lower
tray and the instructions tells me to wait 6 mins and the lights come on and say i must put paper in the lower tray as requested and wait 6 mins again and thats as far as it will go...the same instructions are repeated again .what on earth is wrong ? I cannot move on any further...
Category: Printers
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me, what kind of comptuer are you connecting the printer to? And how are you connecting?

A. Stevens :

IE, wireless, ethernet cable, USB?

Customer:

apple notebook, 2008 model (the heavy one!) usb connection

A. Stevens :

OK great, thanks for that information.

A. Stevens :

Did you use the CD that came with the printer to install the driver/software?

A. Stevens :

Or have you just plugged the printer in?

Customer:

Did not use the cd, I've just plugged the printer and followed the paper instructions which are vague on the present problem to say the least.

A. Stevens :

Yes, I understand that the info that comes with the printer can be very general.

A. Stevens :

Could you try installing the printer using the CD? I think that maybe you need the drivers correctly installed so that the printer can communicated to your Laptop

A. Stevens :

First, remove the printer profile from your mac.

A. Stevens :

Then insert the CD, and install following the instructions on the screen.

A. Stevens :

To delete a single printer or print job

1. Open Print Center (/Applications/Utilities/). The Printer List window appears. If you want to delete a job, choose Show Queue from the Printers menu.

2. Select the printer or print job from the desired list.

3. Click Delete.

Customer:

I tried that last night but found it difficult to understand. Can't I carry on the with the paper instructions? It does not give any mention of the cd to sort this problem out.

A. Stevens :

Unfortunately I think you would need to delete the printer and then start over with the CD.

A. Stevens :

Otherwise your printer software won't be installed correctly and your computer won't be able to "talk" to the printer correctly.

Customer:

Ok i will try this, but I will have to close this chat, OK?

A. Stevens :

Not a problem.

A. Stevens :

Just return here and reply when you are done and I will respond ASAP.

Customer:

Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting the cd to load up! I think I need on site help...sorry

A. Stevens, Technician
Experience: Have worked on various printers for 5+ years.