Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I accidentally replaced an empty black cartridge with one for

I accidentally replaced an empty black cartridge with one for my former Dell printer(Black series 1 TO529). I have not attempted to print with it, . The print head cover is up and will not retract to remove wrong cartridge. is there anything I can do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Turn the machine off and unplug it, as long as it is not stuck you should be able to move it by hand now.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have unplugged machine and opened front to expose the rail the cartridge travels along. The cartridge cover is still up and will not swing down. It is definitely stuck in closed position.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Use something like a long flat head screwdriver to hold it down as you pull the carriage. As I mentioned unless it is jammed by something the carriage should move freely.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. With a bit more pressure and wiggling of the cartridge carriage I have managed to release the wrong cartridge.

I have reloaded a correct cartridge and produced a print which seems to be as it should be.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.