Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kodak hero7.1says printerhead carriage jam, there are no

My Kodak hero7.1says printerhead carriage jam, there are no obstructions but the printer head section will not move when you lift the top to expose the ink catrdges
any surgestions
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged., or something is blocking it which you should be able to see with a flashlight.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried moving the print head but it will not moved, and i am afraid of breaking the part

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is the machine? Is it still under any kind of extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it is about 3years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, it is out of warranty then. Normally I would not recommend this but since you are out of warranty pull hard on the carriage rather than gently. The reason I do not normally recommend this is you can sometimes damage the encoder strip by doing this. However right now you would have to replace the carriage assembly which the strip is part of and the print head sits inside of. So if you damage it you most likely were going to have to replace it anyway.

It is the plastic strip attached to the back of the carriage itself. Once you do get it towards you look inside again behind it in case anything was jammed on that side. If when you turn it back on the same thing happens I really hate to tell you this but you would need to replace the carriage assembly which normally costs around £75.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.