VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

canon 2400 pixma used to print from lightroom is now locked

Customer Question

canon 2400 pixma used to print from lightroom is now locked into lightroom
so when I try to print photos it changes my settings and I constantly get error message
that size and media are incorrect. I have tried uninstalling printer and re-installing but no
change it is also saying I have a paper jam when there is none how can I gwt it back to normal?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 years ago.
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"CustomerSystems :

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your IT support needs... Sorry for this issue that you are now having. I must ask what Operating System are you using??? Windows or MAC?? And what version of that OS are you using???

Chime in when ready....

JACUSTOMER-pdctwz74- :

I am using windows with the OS 8.1

Ok,,,

Ok...

Firstly, I will have you uninstall the current Printer Driver. Also, where did the driver come from? Online or the DVD/CD???

Instructions on how to remove the Printer from Windows 8.1.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click PC and devices.

3. If you're removing a wired or network device, tap or click Devices. If you're removing a Bluetooth enabled device, tap or click Bluetooth.

4. Tap or click the device you want to remove, and then tap or click Remove device or Remove.

Then after uninstalling the Printer driver. Please reboot....

Then follow this link and reinstall the Printer driver from this link:

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0100533201.html

Chime in when ready Sir or Madam...

Ok. let us try this now.

Please remove all paper from the printer and remove the Cartridges from it. Then unplug and disconnect the printer form the electrical outlet and remove the power cord from the Printer also. Leave it unplugged for 45 minutes. then reconnect every thing and power it on. Please let me know of the results.