Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I switched on my Canon iP4500 Series Printer and it did not

Customer Question

I switched on my Canon iP4500 Series Printer and it did not come on.I changed the cable for another one and even changed the fuse and plugged it to a different wall socket that was okay but it still did not light up.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Primary power circuitry is damaged in the printer, and it will have to be repaired or replaced, by the sound of it.

If it was plugged directly into a wall outlet when it failed to work, there might have been a power surge that blew out circuitry inside the printer. Surge protection for power to electronic devices is an investment that always pays off.

If you wish to have it sent out for repair, or taken to a local shop to be repaired, let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It looks like I have no other option.

You might want to let the printer 'rest' overnight, in case it 'comes to life' tomorrow morning... though that is doubtful, I have known apparently broken devices to come back to life after a bit of 'rest'.

So unplug the printer, leave it that way overnight, I suggest, and see how it acts tomorrow.