VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Multifunction printer which

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Multifunction printer which will not print from my computer. The device states it is out of paper, but it isn't. It will print from the copy function but doesn't appear to connect with the computer print function. Can you advise?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 2 years ago.
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"CustomerSystems :

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for you IT solution needs. Sorry that you are having this issue. Please follow the instructions below Try the instructions below:

Accessing the Secret Support Menu

This printer has a hidden support menu where you can access several troubleshooting services that you can use whenever your [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]printer goes haywire. To access the support menu, you need to:

• Turn OFF your printer.

• Wait for 10 Seconds before turning it ON again.

• Just as the printer turns ON, press the back button (arrow icon) on the front panel of the printer “4 times”.

• If you did it correctly, the support menu should appear.

Accessing the Resets Menu

There are several options under the support menu. To access the resets menu all you need to do is navigate through the right until you find the resets menu. Under the resets menu, you will find the three different types of resets, the partial reset, semi-full reset and the full reset. Select the appropriate type of reset you need, and your printer should start resetting itself.

What are these Reset Procedures for?

Each reset procedure is applicable on certain types of issues. Please see below.

The partial Reset

The partial reset basically just refreshes the printer and clears out unneeded memory from the printer. This type of resets fixes minor printing issues such as slow printing, cartridge errors, etc..

The Semi-Full Reset

The Semi-Full Reset is the most useful type of reset. However, this clears out all the custom setting from your printer and returns if to its default factory settings. Use this reset if the partial reset does not fix your issue.

Full Reset

The full reset is the most powerful reset. If all other reset procedures is not working you can do this. However, it is not recommended as it really clears deep settings from your printer and any interruption on the reset process may render your printer unusable.

For your issue, a Full Reset is Advised.

Chime in if any assistance is needed...

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Hi there.

Hi and Good Day to you Sir or Madam...

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Hi there. That's not working for me. When the printer is turning on, only an HP sign with a blue line below comes on and when the back arrows appear the main options are also in view. Do I just press where I think the back arrow is and try again?

Ok, as per the instructions:

[STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]printer goes haywire. To access the support menu, you need to:

• Turn OFF your printer.

Now please do me a favor..

Turn of the Printer for 15 minutes and unplug it from the Wall Socket or Surge Stritp.

Lastly, remove the Power adapter from the printer. Leave it in this state for 15 minutes.

Then we shall start again...

Also remove all paper from the Printer too...

Do you have canned/compressed air handy??

Are you here Sir or Madam?

You appear to be busy, just Chime in when you are ready???

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Yes that is a good idea. Home phone is 0141(###) ###-####/p>

Oh, did you accept my offer Sir or Madam???

When it comes to JA, I am not permitted to call or email you directly. Unless you accept an offer of contact...

Chime in when ready....

I will step out of the Chat, Just Chime in when ready...

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Hi there. I thought I had accepted the offer, which was why I gave you the phone number. Must have missed something??

My apologies...

I will report a Technical error....

Hold on please....

Sorry for that...

I have reported an error to the Moderators of JA.

Ok, have you disconnected and then reconnected the Printer as of yet?

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Yes I have twice now. When the machine switches back on and I press the back arrow, I do not get the Support Menu, just the Options. Sorry about the delay. I'm also writing a report and the window is just under the Word doc.

Ok, hold a moment... I must read your statement.

It is OK, I knew that you must have been Busy...

Now, when you have about 30 minutes of free time. We should be able to resolve this issue...

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

OK. I am free now if that's good for you. Just saved my report.

Great...

When ever you are ready...

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Right. What do you want me to do?

Ok...

Did you Tele just ring??

Did your Tele just ring??

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

No. 0141(###) ###-####

Ok.

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Just thought - if you are outside the UK the phone no is 44(###) ###-####

ok, now trying Skype...

JACUSTOMER-bh0l9eo2- :

Brilliant!!!!! It worked. Sorry we got cut off. Hope you have a great week!

Please consider a Positive Rating for the Service Received. Also, kindly consider a Bonus....

VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience: I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.