Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak all in

I have a Kodak all in one printer,scanner,copier. (hero 5.1) The cartridges are jammed on the left hand side under the cover plate. The screen reads print head carriage jam (Code 3527) But there is no visible obstruction anywhere and no paper jam! What can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I can not see the answer you are referring to but it sounds like it may be for either a different model or a different error.
3527 means there is an issue with the print head, usually a jam but can also be caused by a damaged part.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged., or something is blocking it which you should be able to see with a flash light.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for these instructions. Although I had tried turning the machine on and off on a number of occasions without success, I tried it one more time before carrying out your instructions, and this time the print head moved, and I was able to print. As this particular fault has occurred on a previous occasion I have printed off your instructions for future use, if this becomes necessary so thanks.

Michael XXXXXXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I am glad to hear it is working again, I hope you have a wonderful day and I greatly appreciate the positive rating so thank you very much.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Freddy M.

I understand you can help me with a further problem free.

My Kodak Hero 5.1 (3 in 1 printer) has a paper jam every time I try double sided printing. This does not happen with single sided printing.

Michael XXXXXXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I have no idea where/who told you that but you would need to open a new question for that. I can only help with the original problem on this page. You can open a new question here: Click Here.
.