Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Cannon MP160 printer. Keep getting "Paper jammed fault" but

Cannon MP160 printer. Keep getting "Paper jammed fault" but it is clear
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will have to look - few minutes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

USBoo2 is the only thing showing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I need the entire and exact message in full when you try to print please.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

paper is jammed

1/ Remove the jammed paper

2/press the printer start button.

Printer resumes from the next paper

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is the error only showing on the computer? What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It shows alternate 3 and E on the printer

Windows 2000 I think

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and remove all paper.
Then with a lint free cloth clean this area:

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments%252FServiceWareImages%252FLDImages%252FWSSS%252F05SJ00082_EN_00%252F05SJ00082_01.jpg

Next open the machine as if you were going to change the ink cartridges.
Using a flash light make sure nothing is in here, even something as small as a pin could cause this.
There is a plastic strip in here as well, clean that while the machine is opened://f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments%252FServiceWareImages%252FLDImages%252FWSSS%252F05SJ00082_EN_00%252F05SJ00082_02.jpg

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Finally got it to print after about five attempts but it takes all the paper through at once with print on the top one

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize I meant to ask you to test it with only a single page loaded after cleaning it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok well I usually only need one page so at least I am working again

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It is to test to make sure it is working. If it did that properly fan paper before loading it and load less sheets than usual. If you normally load 30 try 20 for example. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.