Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My selphy CP910 does not recognize the usb connector Canon

Customer Question

My selphy CP910 does not recognize the usb connector Canon BU-30
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I don't know what signs of not recognizing the printer is showing, but the BU-30 USB Bluetooth networking adapter has a listed series of compatible printers... on this page for your reference:
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/product-accessories/printers-scanners-mfp-accessories/bluetooth-wireless-adapters/bu-30-bluetooth-adapter

...that does not include your specific model of Selphy printer. Indeed the compatiblity list does include CP series Selphy printers, but mostly of the CP7xx line.

The spec.s for your CP910 say, at the bottom of this page:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/compact_photo_printers/selphy_cp910
that it is AirPrint enabled for iOS (iPhone, iPad) printing directly by WiFi / wireless.
Why would you need to use Bluetooth with it? it is not made for a Bluetooth adapter, period, it would seem. Perhaps for a USB WiFi adapter, but not Bluetooth.

And it has its own built-in WiFi adapter it seems.

So I am confident that your BU-30 is incompatible with the USB port (and firmware etc.) of this printer. Use WiFi instead, to print to it, I recommend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Russell,

I'm drawing live caricatures at an event on Sunday using a Samsung Note and printing them using the Selphy. The venue aren't sure if they have Wifi. Hence the bluetooth situation.

Thanks for your help and it's fingers crossed for Wifi.

Regards,

Bill

I suspect - though indeed, keeping your fingers crossed might be advisable - that your Selphy and your Samsung Note can communicate with each other directly via WiFi, without a router being required. So there's some hope for the situation. Let me know if you need any more advice, and I'd like to hear about how it goes. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the worst case I can e mail the drawings to each person from the Android.

Thanks again,

Bill

You're welcome, Bill.

Please feel welcome to ask another question, at any time, in any one of our numerous categories.