Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a canon inkjet printer series MP210 AND EVERYTIME I

I have a canon inkjet printer series MP210 AND EVERYTIME I PUT ON MY PRINTER.... to print items it says......" your ink pad is nearly full Contact service centre"..... I need you help and advise please.The ink pad is classed as the INK ASORBER to be precise

Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following.

1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.

4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

6) Power off then back on and test.

Please be informed that it is a normal issue on Canon printers. Canon will change the absorber for free if your printer is still on Warranty. If it is not, they will charge for the service.

Solution: Ink Absorber Replacement Options

This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible by pressing the button on the printer. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.

If you feel your product might require service, a Technical Support Representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have and explain the service options available to you. You can contact us through the email link or phone numbers listed below.

• For toll-free technical support, please call 1(###) ###-####during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays).

• Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752

• Technical Support is available for Customers in Canada at 1-800-OK-CANON

If your printer is no longer under warranty :

• For toll-free technical support, please call 1(###) ###-####during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. The charge will be $9.99.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Shefin........I'm not sure its helped my problem...but many thanks for trying to help out.

I will probably have to take it to one of the local computer / printers places near where I live as from reading the info you sent regarding the ink absorber it probably needs replacing....that's if they can do it....or buy a new printer which may be cheaper.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I would suggest purchasing a new printer is better than getting it repaired. Think that the printer is old, and another issue may arise, or you will not get print quality that you were getting.

However, I would suggest you contact the repair shop and ask the cost for replacing or repairing the printer part. If it is not worth, please get a new printer.

S H E F I N