Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak printer ESP 3.2 which shows an error code 3524.

I have a Kodak printer ESP 3.2 which shows an error code 3524. I cannot see any remedy or troubleshooting path. I have reinstalled the software and rebooted. Printer now shows an error code 3523. It is connected by network and all other devices on network are working fine. Advice please and thanks vm
David
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy

Thanks. I followed your advice, but after unplugging, and moving the print head (it ran easily) and turning the printer back on I still get the message:

Printer error

Clear all paper

Press Ok to continue

Code 3528 (or 3524 or 3523)

I've looked at the printer and can see no paper caught inside front or back. This happened whether there is paper in the paper tray or not. The error first happened at the start of the first document I tried to print today.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is the carriage still in the middle? Which number is ***** showing right now out of those 3?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carriage is wholly visible but right of centre.

Error code now 3524 . I haven't tried it again but it seems to change a few last digits to 35xx each time I have pressed the OK

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Place the printer on a flat work surface.
Tip the front of the printer back.
Place your hand in the center of the paper input tray opening.
Insert your hand into the paper input area.
Push the internal guide toward the front of the printer to allow any foreign objects to fall out
.//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_faqs.kodak.com/atg/faq/images/AIO_Printers/C110%252FC110clearinlet.jpg
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy

Tried and it hasn't worked. Internal guide pushed fwd easily but nothing came out. Pressed OK on the screen and there was a click and the same error message appeared.

I'm now away from the desk for an hour and will next see your messages at 1530.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it the same number?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes 3524

Freddy I will rate you highly, as you have been very helpful, v clear and quick. just need to know whether this is fixable or whether I have to buy a new printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately if the number is ***** same after all this unless you are still under warranty it is normally cheaper to replace the printer as the feeder would need to be replaced. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.