Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I cannot get my Mac book Pro to recognise the Canon Pixma iX6800.

I cannot get my Mac book Pro to recognise the Canon Pixma iX6800. All the folders on the cd are seemingly unobtainable. Mac is OS X Version 10.6.8. Have I bought the wrong printer, and if not, what do I do?
Jim Stanes
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Connect the printer to the computer using USB cable. Then, go to the link below, download and install the driver. Scroll down the page and click Accept and Download, to start the download.
http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/printers/InkJet/PIXMA_iX_series/PIXMA_iX6850.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:13-1136498&os=Mac%20OS%20X%20v10.6&language=EN

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N