Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my canon MG5250 showing fault B200. I have cleaned the head

my canon MG5250 showing fault B200. I have cleaned the head and its still not working and showing the same fault code B200.
Please can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
If you end up needing a part it does not make this site free. Does the same error show without the print head installed? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my printer is 3 years old and if I do not install the print head it gives fault U051 and it tell me to install the printer head

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok have you tried a different print head yet? The fact it switches with the print head removed is a sign the logic board is working properly which can be a cause of the B200 error when it fails.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I haven't tried different printer head

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok this error can happen if the print head is dity which you already ruled out, if the print head has failed, or if the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. Since it does not stay B200 with the print head removed you most likely only need to replace the print head, it is consumable just like ink cartridges as the nozzles wear down over time.

The part number is ***** this is the cheapest I have found it: Click Here On rare occiosons both the print head and logic board fail at the same time. But it sounds like you only need the print head since the error does not stay. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.