Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a new Canon Pixma MG4250 all in one printer and if I

I have a new Canon Pixma MG4250 all in one printer and if I try to print off the on line manual, it double prints everything about 1mm apart. Sometimes it prints O.K. but will split one line of print horizontally. I can print off a letter I have typed and the results are far better but it still tends to split the odd line.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How long ago did you buy it? Have you tried cleaning it? Does a photo copy using the glass do the same thing?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you need any further information.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you missed my reply so here it is again just in case:
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I purchased the copier about 6 weeks ago. Photocopying does not double print but several lines are split along the middle horizontally and slightly offset. When the double printing occurs it affects most of the document printed but some part are printed correctly. Left hand edge of printing is seems smudged.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

. .
Thank you for that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything OK after cleaning, thanks