Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When I switch on my Canon LBP6000 laser printer, a loud noise

Customer Question

When I switch on my Canon LBP6000 laser printer, a loud noise like that of a rattle or ratchet ensues, and the printer won't print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Where on the machine is the sound coming from? Have you recently replaced anything?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The sound appears to come from the general area of the cartridge. I haven't recently replaced anything

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please remove and reinsert then, when they are removed make sure the entire area is clean and test it again for me please.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've already tried this.

Since you seem unaware that the Canon PBP has only one cartridge I'm not sure that you're the expert for my problem. I'm going to ask for another. Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Freddie didn't seem to be familiar with the printer model Canon LBP6000. I'll give your service one more try.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Expert Freddy M. passed this case to me - and thus far I (speaking frankly) agree with every bit of what he's said so far.

Please turn it Off, remove the cartridge, examine the interior briefly for anything floating about loose, any debris or odd stuff, etc. in the printer's workings. And close it up.
And turn it On again.

Let me know the result. I'm interested. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In my second last reply to Freddie I said I'd already removed the cartridge, checked for cleanliness, and replaced the cartridge. I have also - lest there be a doubt - switched the printer off and on again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I wish to cancel my request for help and to have the fee refunded immediately.